Happy Splatter Day!
Today is Splatter Day! Plaid Enterprises celebrated by allowing us to splatter an object on our lunch break which was SO FUN! Some things I learned about splatter painting:
- As fun as it seems, if you want to avoid your project looking like a hot mess, try to have a color palette in your mind before starting.
- Dilute your paint with water! This will help the paint seep into the fabric and help it sling across (yes, that's a super technical craft term :-)) your surface better.
- The type of brush you use matters! Large flat brushes tend to create long lines of splatter while round stencil brushes are best for creating those little dots that can resemble galaxy art.
- The process of splatter is SO therapeutic! It's just so fun to let loose and get messy!
- Make sure to wear old clothes and have a drop cloth behind anything your splattering. The whole point is to get messy but who wants to clean up afterward? Not me!
- Some people say SPATTER and some people say SPLATTER. Both are correct!
Check out some of the artwork that came from today's splatter session at Plaid!
Fabric Creations Paint works amazing on fabric and doesn't have the dreaded "crunchy" feeling when it dries!
Getting started with my first color on my tote bag!
Getting a little crazy....
Check out my tote masterpiece!
I managed to keep my shoes clean! Wahoo!
Check out my friends tote! Looks like a magical unicorn creation! TIP: To achieve this look, after splattering, spray a light mist of water over the entire surface so the paint blends.